PCSX2 is a Playstation 2 emulator for PC. The compatibility rates for the emulator boast over 80% of all PS2 games as playable. If you own a reasonably powerful computer then PCSX2 is a great emulator. The application also provides support for lower end computers as well, so all owners of Playstation 2 consoles will be able to see games working on their PC!
With the PCSX2 emulator you will be able to use your PS2 controllers to simulate an authentic Playstation experience. The application also gives you the ability to either run the games straight from the disc or as an ISO image from your hard drive.
Key features include:
- Savestates: you can press one button to save the current "State" of your game.
- Unlimited memory cards: you can save as many memory cards as you like, you are no longer limited to the single physical cards ranging from 8mb to 64mb.
- Higher definition graphics: with PCSX2 you have the ability to play your games in 1080p, or even 4K HD.
Overall, the PCSX2 PS2 emulator is great at what it does. It can emulate PS2 games with good accuracy and you can toggle between Windows and the Emulator. The downside is it struggles with high-speed games and on occasion freezes or crashes.* Note you will require a Playstation 2 BIOS, which can be extracted from your console in order to use PCSX2.
* New Feature.
- EE Overclock.
- Support for loading Gzip and CSO compressed ISO's.
- Per channel volume adjustment.
- Recompiler Improvements and Core Refactors.
- Programmable blending to reproduce GS blending unit output.
- Improved CRTC output size handling.
- Software renderer improvements.
- Accurate destination alpha testing.
- Improved read of depth / color.
- Time Stretcher: Improvements to tempo adjustments.
- Configurable template on GSFrame titlebar.
- Revamped Core and GSDX plugin dialogs.