TunnelBear is a subscription-based virtual private network (VPN) service and companion app, enabling you to browse the Internet privately and securely.
TunnelBear is a well designed, fast VPN provider that provides a great quality service to everyone, including novice users. It has both free and subscription-based virtual private network (VPN) services and companion app, which enables you to browse the Internet securely.
Key Features include:
- Browse privately: Secure your data and hide your IP address behind a bear.
- Block trackers: Block website trackers, including ads, analytics, scripts, social button, which track everything you do.
- Bypass country censorship: A TunnelBear can ‘tunnel’ you around censorship and blocked sites.
TunnelBear provides a 128bit OpenVPN connection. Although this is not as good as 256bit, it helps optimise connection speeds. For iOS devices TunnelBear uses IPSec. This is more compatible on Apple devices. It also uses shared IPs in order to further protect your identity.
To get started with TunnelBear, simply download the app, sign up with a username and a password and away you go. If you want to use one of subscription services you will then need to provide more details.
Overall, TunnelBear provides a great service. It isn’t the fastest VPN provider, but for the average PC user who is concerned about privacy, using a VPN service, such as TunnelBear, is definitely recommended. The Free version of the service provides you with 500MB of data (upgraded if you promote the service on Twitter).
- Redesigned and reengineering from the paws up, we proudly present the new TunnelBear for Windows app
- We've improved nearly every aspect of your TunnelBear, including a beautiful new design, stronger security features and faster connection times
- We've shed the retro wood from our original app and redesigned a simple, beautiful new app that feels more at home on Windows
- Trusted networks feature automatically connects to any network not in your trusted list. E.g. You can list your home Wi-Fi as trusted and have TunnelBear automatically connect the next time you're on a public Wi-Fi that might be less safe
- Be alerted on unsecure networks that use WEP, or no admin passwords
- Improved "Vigilant" mode will block all unsecured data while you connect and reconnect
- Connect and reconnect up to 60% faster than our old app
- Much, much more
- 3853% more Bears