qBittorrent for Mac 3.3.16
qBittorrent for Mac is a peer-2-peer (P2P) sharing application that provides an alternative to µTorrent. It features extensible search engine that is well integrated into the application. You can perform simultaneous searches and per category specific search request for numerous different types of files and multimedia.
Key features include:
- Simultaneous download of multiple torrents.
- Integrated torrent search engine.
- Integrated RSS feed reader and downloader.
- Good internationalization.
- DHT, PeX, Encryption, LSD, UPnP, NAT-PMP, µTP.
- Cross platform (Linux, Mac Os, Windows).
- Very lightweight.
- Torrent queuing and prioritizing.
- Control over files in a torrent (filtering, prioritizing).
- Nice µTorrent-like interface with Qt4 toolkit (qBittorrent v2.x).
- IP filtering (eMule dat files or PeerGuardian files).
- Advanced control over torrent trackers (qBittorrent v2.x).
- Peer display with country and hostname resolution (qBittorrent v2.x).
- Closest open source equivalent to µTorrent (qBittorrent v2.x).
- Torrent creation tool.
- Remote control through Secure Web User Interface.
qBittorrent for Mac encompasses Qt4 user interface as well as a Web user interface that enables a remote control for searching content downloads. qBittorent supports all BitTorrent extensions such as DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, and Magnet/Bitcomet URI’s.
qBittorrent for Mac also feature UPnP/ NAT-PMP port forwarding support, advance RSS support with download filters, bandwidth scheduler, IP filtering and is IPv6 compliant. Overall. qBittorrent for Mac has some really useful features and it is a good effort at the P2P market. It provides the same functionality across 3 major platforms (Mac OS, Windows, and Linux), and is a lightweight application that uses minimal amounts CPU and RAM.
BUGFIX: Better memory footprint when using libtorrent 1.1.x. The cache is turned off by default(0 (disabled) value in the settings). The value -1 (auto) makes it use 1/8 of your RAM.
BUGFIX: Skip user input events when adding torrent.
BUGFIX: Avoid memory leak in the speed graph.
WEBUI: Fix validating wrong header field. X-Forwarded-Host is a foreign proxy setting, it isn't the same as qbt's local setting and thus it makes no sense to verify it.
WINDOWS: Fix connection problems when a specific interface/ip is configured.
WINDOWS: Disable skipping of loopback interfaces. This fixes the absence of VPN tunnel interfaces under Windows and works around the QTBUG-32349.
WINDOWS: The installer detects the 64bit running process too.